Welcome to Our Chapter
The Minnesota Chapter 99s welcome women from across our state and the surrounding area. We hold quarterly meetings and flyouts many of the other months. We create air markings and conduct aerospace education events. Check out our calendar and join us for an event – we’d love to meet you!
The Minnesota Chapter was chartered July 2, 1949, and is part of the North Central Section of The Ninety-Nines, Inc., International Organization of Women Pilots. The North Central Section covers the states of Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
Support our 99s Endowment Fund by starting at http://www.goodsearch.com or http://goodshop.com and entering Ninety-Nines Endowment Fund for the charity you want to promote before beginning your search or shopping.
NEWS – Free Aviation Education and Content
Good day, Minnesota 99s! While we are all spending more time at home, here are some links to free aviation education and content. Let me know if you have others to post (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sporty’s Airspace Course (free) – https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/airspace-review-online-course.html
- AOPA Online Training (Requires membership) – https://www.aopa.org/training-and-safety/online-learning
- Embry-Riddle free Aviation 101 course – https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2020/march/20/erau-offers-free-online-courses-to-students-and-public
- Embry-Riddle YouTube channel – https://youtu.be/c6ZieuNvjHw
- KARE 11 Weather Minds YouTube channel (designed for kids but good content for adults too) https://youtu.be/IoMeJyFVyLU
- NTSB YouTube channel – https://youtu.be/JDnnXjNb2vc
- FAA YouTtube channel – https://youtu.be/THOFe7CnBHE
- The History Guy: The Women Airforce Service Pilots: A good channel for history lessons. This link is to a video on the WASP. https://youtu.be/TUkT6we1FTc
NEXT CHAPTER MEETING – Join us!
Saturday, March 7, 2020 – 11:00 a.m.
TGI Fridays | 2201 Killebrew Drive | Bloomington, MN
(Near Killebrew Drive and East Old Shakopee Road)
Our meeting and lunch is followed by a 1:15 p.m./1:30 p.m. tour of the Northwest Airlines
History Center at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Third Floor, 3 Appletree Square, Bloomington, MN.