Check out the Top Ten Reasons for becoming a member. When you join The Ninety-Nines and our Minnesota Chapter, you have these membership benefits available to you.
- Experience: 99s members have histories and achievements flying every type of aircraft, from the space shuttle to taildraggers. Whether it’s career flying, air racing, soaring, aerobatics, or ballooning – you name it, there’s a 99 doing it! And we’ve been through the same trials and tribulations when trying to learn to fly, achieve advanced ratings, and advance our careers, so share your concerns and take advantage of our knowledge and sympathetic ear.
- Scholarships: Each year The 99s awards Amelia Earhart Memorial Scholarships to qualified members, with over 400 winners to date. The Ninety-Nines’ sustained commitment to scholarships for women pilots has resulted in over one million dollars invested in the Fund. Career Scholarships are given for advanced flight training and education, Research Scholar Grants add to the world’s knowledge of women in aviation and aerospace, and Future Woman Pilot Awards assist with completion of the private pilot certificate. Many chapters and sections provide additional scholarships to women pilots. In 2005, thirteen Career Scholarships were awarded for ratings – instrument, commercial, CFI, instrument instructor, multi-engine instructor, and ATP. Four FWP Awards were given to members as they pursue their private pilot certificates.
- Resources for career pilots: The Careers Committee sponsors projects for members in pilot professions. The 99s Pilot Career Resource Center can be accessed on the 99s website. The Pro 99s Network is an email forum for women pilots to discuss pilot career concerns. In the 99s Professional Pilot Leadership Initiative (PPLI) Program, “Captains” develop leadership and career achievement skills as they are mentored by “Navigators” in a structured, formal mentor program. More information about career resources can be found here.
- 99s Flight Training Forum: Our Flight Training Forum (FTF) is for members to discuss questions and concerns about all flight training issues.
- 99s News Magazine and our website: Two sources of news about women pilots and our activities around the world.
- 99s Email Network: This email network provides a means for 99s to discuss varied topics — flying, chapter/section innovations and ideas, networking and mentoring, being a 99 and more.
- 99s Membership Directory: Find women pilot friends worldwide in our directory, also available on CD-ROM and online for members only.
- Camaraderie: Most importantly, The 99s provides the means to celebrate the unique bond we share as women pilots at the local, section, and international level of The 99s.
It’s easy to join The Ninety-Nines and the Minnesota Chapter.
- As a licensed pilot: Join as a “99.” In one year, you may apply for an AE Career Scholarship.
- As a student pilot: Join as a “Student Pilot.” You can apply for a Fly Now Award for your private pilot license, and the clock begins ticking on the one-year waiting period to apply for an AE Career Scholarship.
- An academic member: If you are a full-time student (high school, college, or accredited or professional institution of higher education), join as an “Academic” member.
The International 99s membership application is available in Adobe Reader (.pdf) file format and can be completed online. To join the Minnesota 99s, please complete and return this Minnesota application.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed in your browser, you must register on the Adobe site, download, and install the plug-in before you are able to view the application.